New Delhi, May 13 (ILNS) The Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA) today announced commencement of vaccination (Covishield) drive for all members, regardless of age, with effect from May 15, 2021 at the Extension Block building between 1330 hrs and 1600 hrs for 25 members daily at this stage.
A statement issued by the association said interested members may give their names, DHCBA membership number, Aadhar card and mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly on first come first served basis. Time slots will be informed by return e mail, the Secretary DHCBA informed./ILNS/SNG
The Supreme Court Bar Association On 12th May has issued circular “ SCBA COVID – 19 GRANT SCHEME, 2021”, and the SCBA has announced various reliefs grants to its members. The following are the contents of the Circular:-
- That any member who has been diagnosed to be afflicted with Corona virus and provides the certification from any recognized Testing Lab/ Hospital/ Mohalla Clinic/ Government Authority shall be eligible for one time grant of Rs. 25,000/-
- Any member who has been hospitalized for upto 7 days on account of Covid shall be eligible for a further sum of Rs. 25,000/- in addition to the grant amount mentioned under Clause1.
- Any member who has been hospitalized between 8-14 days on account of Covid shall be eligible for a further sum of RS. 50,000/- in addition to the grant amount mentioned under Clause 1.
- Any member who has been hospitalized for more than 15-21 days on account of Covid shall be eligible for a further sum of Rs. 75,000/- in addition to the grant amount mentioned under Clause 1.
- Any member who has been hospitalized for more than 21 days on account of Covid shall be eligible for a further sum of Rs. 1,00,000/- in addition to the grant amont mentioned under Clause 1.
- The benefits under the Scheme shall be extended only to members whose average taxable income for the Financial Year 2016- 17, 2017-2018 or 2018 -19 is less than Rs. 10,00,000/-. In case of non-availablility of the said information, self-declaration to the aforesaid effect will be considered as a valid proof. However, the member shall be obligated to furnish the details as required herein at the earliest and latest by 31. 12. 2021.
- Members availing the benefits under Category 1 – 5 will in addition to the condition mentioned in Clause 6 shall also have to produce 10 (ten) appearances between 2016 – 2021 in any of the calendar years or cumulative Fifteen (15) appearances in any 2 years between 2016-2021, However, in case the name of the member appears even once in the voter list between 2016- 2020 are exempted from providing the appearances as mentioned hereinabove.
- Every payment so made shall be after due scrutiny and confirmation by the Finance Sub-Committee of SCBA and the decision of the Finance Sub Committee shall be final unless decided contrary by the Executive Committee on a written recommendation of the Chairman of the Finance Sub Committee.
- The Scheme shall be available for members who have been afflicted with the virus on or after March 1, 2021.
- It would be open to the EC to amend, alter, change or bring to an end the present scheme subject to availability of funds with the SCBA or change in the circumstances including but not limited to eradication of Covid from the country. ILNS/KR-ABV/RJ/SNG